- Immersion - surrounding oneself 24/7 in the target language. Spanish takes time to learn. Your language goals are met much faster by living the language all day long. Not to mention that In our complete cultural immersion program you learn the language from the source, therefore gaining authentic, modern, natural Spanish.
- Acquisition, Not Learning - Acquiring a language is a natural, intuitive and subconscious process in which the learner actively participates in real language interactions gathering patterns of languages and their structural uses in order to create and understand an infinite number of language combinations. Learning on the other hand, is the formal and conscious study of grammar rules and structures, verb tables, only leaving the learner with the memorized blueprints and tools for the job, but not the ability to use them. In the LIVIT Immersion Center language is only acquired. We have developed a special methodology to help you acquire Spanish faster by adhering to these principles.
- Meaningful and Natural Communication - Teach what people really use so that they can communicate with real people. Make it practical, personal, natural and interesting to increase acquisition potential.
- Only Minor Use of Grammar Rules - Concentration on grammar adversely affects the language learning process by transforming language into formulas, which require heavy memorization techniques, poor long-term retention and restricted non-dynamic communication skills among other negative effects. However, in isolated cases we can gain from the rules of grammar. It´s like salt. Too much ruins the meal, but just a splash can make all the difference.
- Comprehensible Input - if you don´t understand it, you can´t retain it, let alone use it. Spanish is used exclusively in the classrooms, but rest assured that EVERYTHING you hear, touch, see, feel or smell will be comprehensible. Moreover, we don´t beat around the bush when teaching new things; time is precious and not wasted on charade techniques to introduce new vocabulary.
- Learn Culture - Learn More Spanish - the culture and the Spanish go hand in hand. We love sharing the Mexican culture with our guests. It has been shown that a good understanding of the culture helps one acquire language. Each afternoon brings a new chance to experience a bit of the culture through various activities and excursions.
Say "adios" to old methods of learning Spanish utilizing tedious grammar rules and verb conjugation lists. The LIVIT Immersion Center uses a totally new way of learning where acquiring more language takes less time. Our system of learning is proven. It's based on the same concepts that everyone uses to learn their very first language. Babies learn to talk through constant and progressive repetition of natural speech from the day they are born. They listen, slowly gain comprehension and then exponentially reproduce grammatically sound (fluent) language. If a baby can learn to comprehend and speak in such a short period of time, imagine the results for adults, especially when the biggest barrier, lack of comprehension, is removed. In the LIVIT Immersion Center, 100% of the Spanish in the classroom is comprehensible; nothing goes over your head. Moreover, there's no grammar rules, no grammar structures and no verb conjugation tables to mull over. All of this creates a remarkable formula which rapidly accelerates language acquisition. After 30 hours of a one-week course made up of no-prior knowledge beginning adult Spanish students, they all produced dramatic results because the Spanish was in their brains, not in their notebooks. These students could talk and write about their backgrounds, families, daily routines, likes, dislikes, special interests and more. Most were writing over two pages with less than a 15% error in grammar and spelling. Our method is constantly being refined based on our research/experience and that of other researchers to remain on the cutting edge of foreign language acquisition and development. Our method applies the following: